Orange County WordCamp 2017 is upon us & definitely one of the best WordCamp on the West Coast. The fact that it is scheduled at one of the most happening locations makes it a big bet for many WordPress enthusiasts in California & from around the world.
If you have never attended a WordCamp, here is why you should not miss the next one near you. If you have attended WordCamps, but you still feel that you miss something, this article could help you get more out of your next WordCamp. Either way, WordCamps are for all levels of people with interest in WordPress or in the WordPress Community.
Getting the Best from Orange County WordCamp 2017
Orange County WordCamp 2017 is scheduled to happen June 10-11, 2017. You can find complete schedule of the events on the website. WordCamp schedules are always jam-packed. One thing that will help you is to plan the sessions you are going to attend in advance.
If you use WordPress for your business, then make sure to attend most sessions featured in the ‘Ventures’ section. The ‘Workshops’ sessions give you tips and tricks on how to use WordPress. It is more technical compared to the other ones. Do not miss our very own Verious Smith giving a workshop on “Theme Setup: A DIY Guide”.
The “Beach” and “Discussions” sessions are also a part of this year’s OC WordCamp. WordPress enthusiasts who are bloggers, writers, etc. love every session. All WordCamps host after-parties, which are really worth attending. Don’t miss the after-party at Orange County WordCamp this year!
Pro-tip: Always plan in advance to get the best from a WordCamp. We recommend you do the same for Orange County WordCamp 2017. Here are some suggested preparations for you to perform before hitting the WordCamp.
Prepare Yourself Technically
- http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/mobile-phone/how-improve-smartphone-battery-life-facebook-myths-3284240/ – Save your smartphone’s battery and make the best use of it.
- http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/g3062/best-power-strips/ – It is also a good idea to use surge protectors and power strips to protect your devices from any damage.
Prepare Yourself Relationally
- http://lifehacker.com/top-10-ways-to-improve-your-communication-skills-1590488550 – Develop your communication skills to get people to listen to you.
- https://www.business.com/articles/15-tips-to-become-an-extrovert/ – Try to be more extroverted to get along with people easily. Carry a lot of business cards, since you can hook in a lot of potential customers here.
Prepare Yourself Educationally
- https://www.goconqr.com/en/examtime/blog/note-making-tips-from-experts/ – Take copious notes when you attend WordCamp sessions. You can use physical notepads and stationery.
- http://in.pcmag.com/productivity/108155/guide/the-best-note-taking-apps-of-2017 – There are also many good note-taking applications that keep you productive.
Prepare Yourself Personally
- http://www.techlicious.com/tip/best-navigation-apps/ – Make sure you have the exact location of the Orange County WordCamp 2017 in advance. You could take a screenshot or print it out to keep it handy.
- http://www.snacknation.com/blog/healthy-office-snacks/ – Carry some healthy snacks with you to keep you lively through the sessions.
- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/carrie-smith/create-a-budget-plan-that_b_6052050.html – Plan your budget in advance to keep your expenditure wise.
- https://www.gentlemansgazette.com/mens-summer-shoes-guide/ – Wear proper shoes for the weather since it is going to be hot at Orange County WordCamp 2017. Since you will be watching a projector screen all the time, carry eye drops with you to protect your eyes.
To know more about the latest WordCamp events near you, install WordPress 4.8 . In the newest install you can actually see a schedule of nearby events in the new Nearby WordPress Events Dashboard Widget. Subscribe to the Philoveracity Design blog to be updated on more happenings in the WordPress community.